The application must be submitted electronically
Best Buy Scholarships
Best Buy Children's Foundation is awarding $2.75 million in scholarships to recognize and reward students who have made extraordinary contributions both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Best Buy Scholarship Program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship America is dedicated to improving access to postsecondary education for students through scholarships and educational support.
Guidelines and Application
- Be a graduating high school senior living in the United States
- Live within 75 miles* of a U.S. Best Buy Store
- Have a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an equivalent)
- Demonstrate commitment to and involvement in volunteer community service or work experience
- Plan to enroll in a full-time** undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States or Puerto Rico no later than fall 2008.
Selection of recipients will be based on solid academic performance and exemplary community service or work experience. Consideration may also be given to participation and leadership in school activities. Financial need is not considered.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Recipients may only receive one Best Buy sponsored award.
Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- 1,500 scholarships of $1,500 each will be awarded
- 51 scholarships of $10,000 will be awarded. State awards will be granted to exceptional students from the diverse population of Best Buy communities.